Regular appointments with your hygienist will identify and prevent dental problems and keep your smile as healthy as possible
At Stellar Smiles we believe that a strong preventative dental care regime is the basic way of maintaining good dental health. We offer high quality preventative dental care services and oral health education that is specifically tailored to your individual needs
Preventative measure can do wonders for your dental and overall health. A few simple homecare practices paired with regular visits to your dental professional at Stellar Smiles will go a long way toward maintaining oral health.
Our dental hygienists are registered health professionals who are supremely skilled and an integral part of the Stellar Smiles oral care programme.
When you visit our experienced dental hygienists, they will leave your teeth feeling clean and healthy by removing plaque and tartar from around your teeth and gums, helping to prevent gum disease. They will also work with your dentist to put together a carefully custom designed dental hygiene programme for you as we know that each individual from a child to a senior has unique dental needs.
They will help you maintain optimal oral health by:
- guiding you through brushing and flossing
- taking routine digital dental x-rays
- completing periodontal assessments (checking for gum disease)
- giving you advice in diet for healthy teeth
- recommending quality dental products
- motivating you to maintain your oral health (oral health education)
- checking for cavities
- assessing the integrity of existing dental restorations
- evaluating aesthetic options
- checking for soft tissue pathology (oral cancer screening)
- saliva assessment
- fluoride treatments
- placing fissure sealants
- fitting mouthguards
- fresh breath programme
Preventative care by regular hygiene appointments is important not just to maintain a healthy mouth, it also greatly reduces the chances of enduring dental pain, loosing teeth and having to go through time consuming complex dental treatments.